Thursday, October 05, 2006

Trav:
What Now?

So the other day I registered to vote. Since my 18th birthday is this sunday I will be able to vote in November(and after too). Now honestly I want to vote, I try looking at the politicians and issues, but it gets tiring to try to keep up when they sometimes change their opinion, or soemthing has been done and the stance they've defended has changed. Why vote for someone when the platform revolves so much?

Granted as the government here is elected by the people, for the people and peoples views change, should there not be some sort of constistancy to the process? I don't want to vote for somebody now who when they get elected will stand for the opposite? Yet also do I really want myself tied to a political party, with the way our country is being divided?

It seems that a persons political affliations are becoming more prevelent with all the debates occuring...pro this, anti that; I don't want to be beholden to a certain Ideology and have to answer to it when I don't agree on a certain issue...yet if I'm not beholden to a party then I can't vote in the states primary, only the general election.

See now because I haven't voted yet, I'm not sure how this will proceed, but I think you still have to declare which party your voting for, but I'm not sure.
If you do infact have to declare for one party over another, it would exclude me from making a choice based on personal and political policy, to put forth my support for a canditate based not upon the party lines, but upon who I think best will do the job.

Just a thought.

Oi
Trav

2 comments:

  1. Independent my friend. Then you have a free and clear mind when i comes to deciding on a canidate. One thing to also remember is this. Your vote may or may not make a difference. Where i'm registered to vote, it's die-hard straight party voting. Republican side. So my one Democratic vote in the district dosen't matter. So i don't bother.

    John/KWP

    ReplyDelete
  2. true true, i don't expect to make rhw difference, but the thought of it all...

    Oi
    Trav

    ReplyDelete