Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Johnny Rumble: A Flatfoot 56 Show

Fucking. Amazing.

Okay...first things first. Everybody that was there was absolutly awesome. Every band played with energy and enthusiasm. I hope that each one comes back soon.

The first band on stage were The Scurvies, and they came all the way down from Alaska to play. Props to them for that. Thier set was good, but the crowd just wasn't giving them the support they deserved. But that happens when your first in line.

I've completely forgotten who the second band was, but they played A LOT of Weezer covers. Decent. One good mosh song. Took a blow to the kidneys.

Third band up was Our Corpse Destroyed. Fucking Awesome. Old-School hardcore. Thier set was filled with mosh music, and bleed energy from thier eye sockets. Two blows to the head and an elbow to the cheekbone.

Forth Band was the band was the reason I went. Flatfoot 56. Celtic, Oi!, and Bagpipes. An excellent bunch of guys. My voice is raw from shouting out the lyrics and my feet are sore from running around. Totally worth it. I'd do it again ina heartbeat. Last song they played was the greatest mosh song of the night. We threw our arms around our neighbors and all chanted along to "Amazing Grace." When the guitars cut in, the place went nuts. EVERYBODY starting to mosh. Twas brilliant. Such energy was exuded from Flatfoot, everybody was hyped. Also pitted around with a guy from OCD. The dude was awesome, and at the end of the night, I gave a hug and thanked him for coming out and playing for us. Suffered another blow to the kidneys, and collided heads with somebody. I'm gonna have a conncusion tomorrow for sure.

Would I do it again? Yes, in a heartbeat. It was the most fun I've had in ages. I'm deaf, I'm almost blind, but I'm happier than I've ever been. I just wish my friends could have made it out. Too bad people...you missed me making a fool of myself. Maybe next time.

Now excuse me, but I smell of sweat, man, music, and fun. I have to go shower.

John "Lee-Woah"/KWP

No comments:

Post a Comment