Thursday, May 10, 2007

Johnny Rumble:
Spirit Alive

It’s a long cold dusk
Violent cold air tears my face
Flying 70 miles an hour
Right foot is on the power
Miles of blacktop still left to conquer
Two lane country roads to nowhere
Baby, I’m on my own
My heater stopped keeping me warm

Chorus:
Driving into nothing
Destinations unknown
I drive ‘cause I can
I drive to keep the my spirit alive

Flashing headlights gone past
Tires still eating up the pavement
No plan in my head
Fast music on the radio
Heavy shifter in my palm
20 miles left to go
Another 400 after that
My foots on the gas, I’m heading home

Chorus:

It’s a long cold morning
Waking sun caresses my face
Flying 100 miles an hour
Right foot is on the power…

Chorus:

So many miles my motor has seen
So many sights my eyes have glanced
So many things about life I learned
So much more yet to do…


Johnny Rumble

1 comment:

  1. your song?

    "20 miles left to go
    Another 400 after that"

    are my favourite lines

    L,

    Sean

    ReplyDelete