Saturday, October 13, 2007

Johnny Rumble:
All Quiet On The Western Front

I've truely got nothing to report.

Our rental house is being "open housed" today, and while we are pulling for the realtor and the owner to pull off a sale, it will mean that we once again have to find new accomidations. Not good.

Recently picked up three new cd's. Might as well right a quicky review for them...

Dropkick Murphy's - The Meanest Of Times
I've been a fan of the Murphy's for a while now, and I must that lately I've not been happy with the progessive sound that has been coming out my speakers the last album. That kind of changed with Meanest. It's definatly not a pure "punk" album, nor would have to say that Murphy's are pure punk anymore, but Meanest just seems to hit that riht chord once my brain accepted the fact that the Murphy's arn't writing the working class material that they used to. That being said, it's not a bad album. Addicting like caffiene I would even venture. Good songs, good lyrics, good riffs. But not for those that prefer the Murphy's pre-Warrior's Code.

The Casualties - Made In NYC (live)
The drums are over miked, Jake and Rick can't sing to save thier testicals, and I can't stop getting enough. It may seem odd for me to say this concidering it's really one of the crappier sounding live cd's I've listened to but, this is really the best one I've ever heard. Jorge turned over the mic to an audience member for thier rendition of "Blitzkrieg Bop", and Jake acctually turned over the guitar to some punk on "For The Punks." Never, ever, have I heard of any band going that far to get the audience involved. And better yet, you can see it too. The cd comes packaged with a DVD of this live set. I haven't watched it yet, but I have no doubt that it will be just as good as the album.

Black Snake Moan Soundtrack
Sometimes a person just needs to break out a blues record. And this one is mine. My only too. For now. I can't really say much about it concidering it's a soundtrack compiliation, but if you enjoyed the movie, you WILL enjoy the album. And I think that Samuel L. Jackson should really concider learning to play the blues guitar and put on some performances down in LA. His voice is oddly that good. A solo album, maybe not, but I'd pay to see him perform live.
_____________________

My writing has taken a back seat right now. I should go out and buy a spiral notebook to write in and (eventually) transfer on to here, but I'm too lazy to do that.

Picked a copy of FIFA 08 for Playstation 2. It's a repackaged FIFA 07 with some added features, but having the completely updated transfer lists is worth the money. The control scheme also got changed around a little, but it's nothing that a days worth of playing can't get used too. Oh, and the greatest addition? Custom formations. I can't tell you the amount of times I've wanted to alter where a player's positioning is on the pitch. This game allows you to do that. Finally.

I think I'll go get that spiral.

Johnny Rumble

1 comment:

  1. dude you want some new albums:

    Radiohead: In Rainbows

    Strung Out: Black Hawks Over Las Angeles.

    i would say skip the notebook. its all going on a computer anyway. as much as we writers try to be romantic, were 20th century children, we have to deal.

    !Santa

    ReplyDelete