Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Johnny Rumble:
How Stupid!

So I quit drinking alcohol today.

Now that you've picked yourself up off the floor from fainting...

I quit because I had to. I quit to make ends meet. I quit to keep a deal.

From the past expirences that I've had from the afternoon after all night drink fests, I have to wonder exactly how adapted to alcohol my system is. I don't throw up, I don't get hangovers, I don't get all the usual symptoms that plague normal people. My extended family has also had some severe problems with alcoholism, and I don't want to end up like that. This is going to sound bad but, when I have a beer in hand, I don't stop at just one. Or two. Or six, if the night is right. I drink.  And while I do so, I also do have the ability to quit drinking after one or two.  The problem is, I don't.  I like to drink.

I don't have the finances to keep a decent supply of beer or liqour in the fridge anymore.  I need to build my bank account back up to what it once was, so that come this time next year, I can choose a good college that's not in California or Michigan, and be able to make ends meet for at least two months, so I might get a job and start all over again.  I'd also like to make another trip out to Oklahoma City and commit more debauchery

Mostly with the woman that I made a deal and a commitment with.  While not going into the details, because, let's face it, it's not my story to tell, and not anybodies business but those she chooses to share it with, she was involved in some things that I, personally, do not approve of.  So in an effort to get us stop, to prevent a run-in with the John Law that we don't need on our respective records, and to hopefully improve our collective health in the long run, I agreed to stop drinking, if she would stop her actions.  She agreed.

Now I'm sober.

Idiot!

Johnny Rumble

No comments:

Post a Comment