Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Johnny Rumble:
Oldest Kid in Class

I hate that feeling.  The one where you look around, listen to the converstaions and the tones and pitches, and that slow creep on age starts to get into your brain.  I tried to shut it out, to make it disappear.  But it's still there.  I am the oldest student in my algebra class.  It's a small whine, it really is, but damn it. 

I've been at this college thing for over four damned years now, and I'm a little tired, a little cranky, and have forgotten everything I already knowed trying to remember what I forgot so that I can keep going to college.  Things like patience, honesty, sincerity.

I'm resorting to lying, stealing and cheating to get anything done anymore.  I'm tired and cranky baby needs his nap.

Sleeping on the job,

Johnny Rumble

1 comment: