Sunday, January 30, 2011

Johnny Rumble:
Self-Censorship

I hate censoring anything.  When I do that, I feel like I'm removing all the best little tasty bits, the stuff addhered to the bottom of the pan, the stuff to make the glaze that covers the ordinary chicken.  But I did censor myself.  I wrote about something that I...

1.) Had no business writing about any more
and
2.) Could have potentally caused uncontrollable damage to several peoples lives.

It's one of those few times that I thought about what I had written, and thought hard about it, and I didn't like it.  So I cut it out, removed it, and in the process, I think I humbled myself a little bit, shocked the writers bit in my brain into some unease about sitting at a keyboard, typing. 

Still feeling a little sick,

Johnny Rumble

1 comment:

  1. Sounds more like editing than censoring. Your material didn't serve your purpose so you removed it. That is the evolution of a writer, not the downfall.

    ReplyDelete