Monday, March 21, 2011

Johnny Rumble:
, The Broken Man

I keep thinking about my lack of employment and how it is affecting my family and home life, which is to say, not that much to significantly.  I'm able to keep the house clean, get all those damn projects that have been piling up in the corner done and over with, and have a meal ready for the "real" bread-winner of the house, my wife girlfriend wife fiance (it's an on going argument).  I am enjoying the home life, the quaintness of it, doing things on a schedule that's fairly relaxed and un-jarring.

But I feel like a fucking failure when I look in the mirror.

IT'S ME, THE MAN, WHO SHOULD BE BRINGING HOME THE PAY-CHECK.  ME, THE MAN, WHO SHOULD PAY THE BILLS, BALANCE THE CHECK BOOK.  ME, THE MAN, DOING MAN-LY THINGS, THINKING MAN-LY THOUGHTS, EATING MAN-LY STEAKS, RARE AND BLOODY.

Instead, it's me, the man, who cleans the kitchen, cooks dinner, does the laundry, feeds the cat, and vaccums the house.  It's me, the man, who eats a rosemary herbed chicken breast, corn-off-the-cob, and a salad with no croutons cause they have calories, and raspberry vinagrette dressing, because that's what Rachel Ray suggested.

I'm a broken man that doesn't deserve his penis.

At least, that is, until I crawl under the car,

Johnny Rumble

2 comments:

  1. you are not a failure. times are hard, and you are man enough to admit that! :)
    (and just because you get under a car doesnt make you a man, or i would be one too!! Lol)

    i hope you are having a wonderful day, keep stong :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not back in the old days where men have to work and women have to cook if you and your partner (cause that's what a relationship is a partnership) are making it work in this messed up economy then you should be happy because there are plenty of people who can't make it work because they refuse to compromise and they are the true losers in life

    ReplyDelete