Saturday, April 16, 2011

Trav:
Birds Poem #12

Yo all, so I got my play done for class but am going to take the time to redo it and make sure it doesn't suck (as much). School is almost over, and I'm about to graduate. YAY happy days.

Birds Poem #12
Birds chirping as the fog lifts
Morning sunshine a welcome delight.
Squirrels run from tree to tree
As a gentle breeze blows steam
Steam arising from my cup
One generating warmth as my day dawns ahead of me.

Footnote:

Flailing around in my head:
Tried so hard to change
Now I find it didn't work.
Too much too young and hopelessly lost
Cos nostalgia's better.

Youthful memories fade away,
What'd I hear you say?
Today's certainly not your day.
"Career opportunities" and missing counsel
Finding myself asking most nights
If I've torn myself down-
Down enough so you'll notice-
That anger and broken promises
Have built a mighty fortress.
Upon these last vestiges,
of personality we try to abandon.

Cos now, your friends, well-
they're taken for granted.
Left you behind
reduced to a footnote.

Footnote:
Flailing around in my head:
Tried so hard to change
Now I find it didn't work.
Too much too young and hopelessly lost
Cos nostalgia's better.

Youthful memories fade away,
What'd I hear you say?
Today's certainly not your day.
"Career opportunities" and missing counsel
Finding myself asking most nights
If I've torn myself down-
Down enough so you'll notice-
That anger and broken promises
Have built a mighty fortress.
Upon these last vestiges,
of personality we try to abandon.

Cos now, your friends, well-
they've beeb taken for granted.
Left you behind
reduced to a footnote.

Thoughts and opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment