Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Johnny Rumble:
This Time, Nice Guys Finish First

I don't know if it's still the case in the Japanese industry, but I read a few years ago how employees usually don't switch jobs or careers very often, if at all, because of the way The Company will actually take fucking care of it's own.  Lay-offs and work stoppages are uncommon.  The Company won't enter into short term high profit contracts if the possibilty of the employees being hurt happens.  Hearing about this revelation in business occuring in a far-away land that isn't America jaded me to the whole fucking system here.

What the fuck does somebody do with $14.7 million a year before stock options anyway?  "Honey, the Royce has a bit of dirt in the carpet.  I'm going to buy a new one.  What color would you like for this one?"

For the record, Rolls-Royce has 14,000 different shades of paint.

I'm happy that I found another Company that really does give a shit about thier employees.  I'm well compenstated, over-time is an accepted reality for the accountants, and job-related self-improvment is rewarded with a pay-bump and bonus.  Some of the people I'm working with have been at the store for 10+ fucking years.  There are very few places where somebody can actually retire with twenty+ plus years anymore.  Military is one, Ministering the sheep is another.

This Company actually seems really happy for me to be there, I got promoted from relegation to mid-table with-in three months, given chances to show what I'm made of, burned, sweated, bled, and even let out a teardrop or two.  I've come to work happy, smiled through it all, complained little, and got rewarded. 

Now to just learn how to do my new job quickly and effectively,

Johnny Rumble

1 comment:

  1. That's a cool employer you got, and you're young! the trend for the young ones has been to jump from one job to another like all their years up to 30 something is that, they are trainees... then when they hit 35, they are too old to get hired...

    ReplyDelete